Guide to Making a Complaint
Our goal is to assess your complaint in a timely and thorough manner. To achieve this goal, we ask for your assistance by providing us with the required and recommended information outlined in this guide. Please carefully review this guide before submitting your complaint to CCTS.
When you are ready to submit your complaint, please visit “How to Make a Complaint”.
In order to process your complaint, you must provide CCTS with the following required information:
- Your name, address, contact number, and if possible, the account number assigned by the telecommunications service provider to which your complaint relates;
- The name of the telecommunications service provider to which your complaint relates;
- The specific details of your complaint, such as the services or products in question, the particular dates on which the matters complained of occurred or were brought to your attention;
- The steps you have taken to resolve the complaint directly with your service provider including your provider’s response. Please note that you must allow your provider a reasonable opportunity to resolve your complaint before contacting us;
- What you believe to be a reasonable resolution to your complaint; and
Throughout the course of our assessment, we may ask you to be more specific about the details of your complaint. In order to ensure the prompt treatment of your complaint, we ask that you provide any additional details as described below because we will request this information from you before our assessment is complete.
It is strongly suggested that you provide CCTS with the following recommended information:
For service delivery complaints, including the installation, repair, and disconnection of service:
- Date of installation or repair appointment provided to you;
- Actual date that the installation or repair occurred;
- Date of disconnection;
- Details of the repair problem; and
- Any other pertinent documentation such as work orders, copies of bills, proof of payment or relevant correspondence between yourself and your telecommunications service provider.
For complaints pertaining to a contract dispute (compliance with contract terms and commitments):
- A copy of the contract or terms and commitments that are not being respected;
- The date that the contract began, terminated, will terminate or be renewed;
- Date that you became aware of the dispute; and
- Any other pertinent documentation such as copies of bills, proof of payment or relevant correspondence between yourself and your telecommunications service provider.
For complaints pertaining to billing:
- Date you were aware of billing errors;
- Details regarding the disputed charges, including the amount, the bill date where the charge is displayed and the reason why you are disputing the charge;
- For missing or misapplied payments, the payment amount, date and method of payment and confirmation number; and
- Any other pertinent documentation such as copies of bills or proof of payment, or relevant correspondence between you and your telecommunications service provider.
For complaints pertaining to credit management:
- Date of incident;
- Date you were aware of incident; and
- Any other relevant details, documentation or correspondence between yourself and your telecommunications service provider.
For complaints pertaining to unauthorized transfer of service (slamming):
- Date of unauthorized transfer;
- Date you became aware of transfer;
- Name of telecommunication service provider to which you should be a customer;
- A copy of any bill you may have received from the telecommunication service provider who transferred your service;
- Amount that you would have been billed had your service remained with your original telecommunications service provider; and
- Any pertinent document such as copies of bills from the original telecommunications service provider or any relevant correspondence between you and the telecommunications service providers in question.