Job Type: Full-Time Permanent, with benefits
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000 per year
The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS) is the Canadian communications industry ombudsman, located in downtown Ottawa. The CCTS provides a free and impartial service to customers of approximately 253 Participating Service Providers (“PSPs”), represented by 371 customer-facing brands. We have a need for a Compliance Officer.
The CCTS’ mandate is to review and resolve consumer and small business telecommunications and television complaints after interaction between the customer and their service provider has failed to produce a satisfactory outcome.
Reporting to the Manager of Compliance, the Compliance Officer will be part of a team responsible for administering the CCTS’ Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program (“CMEP”). The CMEP monitors and where necessary enforces compliance with a range of CCTS requirements. These obligations include: complying with the CCTS Public Awareness Plan; complying with the CCTS Procedural Code governing our complaint resolution process; disclosing certain financial information to CCTS and paying fees.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide support to administer the CCTS’ Compliance program
- Audit PSP activities to ensure compliance with the CCTS Public Awareness Plan, Procedural Code and other participation requirements.
- Liaise with PSPs, answering their questions, ensuring their understanding of all CCTS participation requirements, and escalating serious matters of non-compliance to Manager of Compliance
- Prepare reports and proactively identifies issues and trends of concern regarding participating service providers’ compliance with CCTS’ participation requirements
- Write case studies on compliance issues
- Assist with other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and education requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in rules-oriented compliance environment
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a related field
- Intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills. Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Unbiased and professional approach
- Attention to detail and ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent English written and oral communications
- Bilingualism (French and English) is preferred, strong ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
Results Focus (Service Delivery)
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities within deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
- Strong ability to organize and plan own work
Quality and Risk Orientation
- Strong ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Strong ability to work with highest degree of ethics and integrity
- Strong ability to act in an unbiased, diplomatic and professional manner
Problem Solving and Process Improvement
- Good ability to analyze information and draw relevant conclusions
- Good ability to troubleshoot a variety of technical issues
- Strong ability to use good judgement in decision making
- Good ability to identify issues and concerns that impact the team’s effectiveness and take action
- Strong ability to solve problems and work independently, but also take initiative to involve others when appropriate
Stakeholder Relations and Customer Service Focus
- Very strong customer-service orientation
- Strong ability to respond to internal customers promptly and without ambiguity
Work conditions: CCTS’ hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and subject to change. Some shift work within regular hours of operation may be required. Some additional work may be required outside of normal operating hours.
The CCTS will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please make the request as soon as possible. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity. Information received in relation to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who will be selected for testing and an interview will be contacted.