Senior Customer Service Representative
Job Type: Permanent, full-time, with benefits
The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS) is the Canadian communications industry ombudsman, located in downtown Ottawa. The CCTS provides a free and impartial service to customers of approximately 253 Participating Service Providers (“PSPs”), represented by 371 customer-facing brands.
The CCTS’ mandate is to review and resolve consumer and small business telecommunications and television complaints after interaction between the customer and their service provider has failed to produce a satisfactory outcome.
We are seeking a Senior Customer Service Representative who can play a key role in ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and operational efficiency throughout the CCTS contact center.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to Participating Service Providers inquiries
- Support the management team by answering employee questions related to the CCTS’ complaint handling process
- Ensure timely resolution of customer escalations
- Track and monitor trends to help in identifying root cause of issues
- Ensure customer contacts are tagged and tracked accurately and in accordance with the CCTS’ process
- May be asked to support the Team Leaders with some supervisory duties from time to time
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities related to the work conducted in the Contact Centre as required from time to time
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum Grade 12 high school diploma, or equivalent
- Minimum two years of customer service experience, preferably within a call center environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingualism (French/English) is mandatory, strong ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Understanding of call centre environment
- Previous experience working in a complaint-handling environment is an asset
- Previous experience working in telecommunications or television industry is an asset
Competencies, Skills and Attributes
Results Focus (Service Delivery)
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities within deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
- Strong ability to organize and plan own work
- Good ability to effectively communicate and foster relationships with other employees
Quality and Risk Orientation
- Strong ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Strong ability to work with highest degree of ethics and integrity
- Strong ability to listen effectively and act in an unbiased, diplomatic and professional manner
Problem Solving and Process Improvement
- Good ability to analyze information and draw relevant conclusions
- Good ability to troubleshoot a variety of technical issues
- Strong ability to use good judgement in decision making
- Good ability to identify issues and concerns that impact the team’s effectiveness
- Strong ability to solve problems and work independently, but also take initiative to involve others when appropriate
Stakeholder Relations and Customer Service Focus
- Very strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to contribute to a culture that is customer-service oriented
- Strong ability to respond to internal customers promptly and without ambiguity
- Good ability to communicate with the public using active listening, empathy, diplomacy and tact
- Good ability to act on information that helps the team deliver at the highest level of service
- Good ability to motivate employees to adapt to and embrace change
Work conditions: CCTS’ hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and subject to change. Some shift work within regular hours of operation may be required. Some additional work may be required outside of normal operating hours.
The CCTS will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please make the request as soon as possible. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity. Information received in relation to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com. Only candidates who will be selected for testing and an interview will be contacted.