Director, Stakeholder Affairs and Communications
Job Type: Permanent, full-time, with benefits
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000
The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS) is the Canadian communications industry ombudsman, located in downtown Ottawa. The CCTS provides a free and impartial service to customers of approximately 253 Participating Service Providers (“PSPs”), represented by 371 customer-facing brands.
CCTS’ mandate is to review and resolve consumer and small business telecommunications and television complaints after interaction between the customer and their service provider has failed to produce a satisfactory outcome.
We are seeking a Director, Stakeholder Affairs and Communications who will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that support the direction set by the Board of Directors and the CCTS Executive and to create and uphold a positive image of the CCTS.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with senior leadership to define and develop the required engagement and communications strategies, including the CCTS Public Awareness Plan, to support the achievement of business objectives
- Develop and monitor the KPI’s related to implemented engagement and communications strategies to measure results and ensure that the CCTS is successfully meeting objectives
- Develop engagement and communication activities that raise awareness of the CCTS Mandate, Mission and Values
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholder groups including telecommunications and television service providers, regulatory bodies, consumer protection groups and the accessibility community.
- Broaden the scope of media outreach and create partnership with key media contacts
- Oversee the communications team and provide leadership, feedback, coaching and mentoring to the Communications Officer, including conducting yearly performance reviews, to support a high level of engagement and satisfaction
- Supervise the work done by the Officer, ensuring individual objectives are met within stated performance standards, and deliverables and projects are on time, within budget, and according to the defined scope, with the highest degree of quality and accuracy
- Contribute to the development of the annual budget, conducting cost/benefit analysis of the various engagement and communications initiatives in light of corporate objectives; oversee the related budget and manage expenses
- Establish and maintain relationships with business functions across the organization, the Board of Directors, members, media and other external stakeholders
- Support the CEO/Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner with related special projects and with other duties that may be assigned from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as communications, public relations, business, or similar, or a combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years’ experience leading and managing teams in a related field
- Experience in developing and executing both short and long-term engagement/communications strategies
- Understanding of stakeholder engagement principles and best practices
- Proficient in both English and French, with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- Understanding of the telecommunications industry and ombudsman best practices
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Results Focus (Service Delivery)
- Excellent ability to manage deliverables, projects and programs that are of the highest quality
- Excellent ability to manage multiple priorities within deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
- Excellent ability to organize and plan own work and the work of others
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively and foster relationships with other employees, leaders and external clients.
- Excellent ability to focus on strategic planning / needs
Quality and Risk Orientation
- Very strong ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and support the team to do so as well
- Excellent ability to work with highest degree of ethics and integrity and support the team to do so as well
- Excellent ability to listen effectively and act in an unbiased, diplomatic and professional manner
- Strong ability to see the big picture while maintaining attention to the details
Problem Solving and Process Improvement
- Excellent ability to analyze information and draw relevant conclusions
- Very strong ability to create and analyze reports to monitor operational support, drive business decisions, and identify process and production gaps
- Excellent ability to clearly explain and present complex topics and processes
- Strong ability to troubleshoot a variety of technical issues
- Excellent ability to use good judgement in decision making
- Excellent ability to handle confidential information in a tactful and discreet manner
- Excellent ability to work independently to solve complex problems, but also take initiative to involve others when appropriate
Stakeholder Relations and Customer Service Focus
- Very strong ability to create a culture that is customer-service oriented
- Excellent ability to respond to internal and external customers promptly and without ambiguity
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively and foster relationships with external stakeholders
- Excellent ability to present / public speaking skills
- Very strong ability to coach and take ownership to deliver ongoing feedback about performance and identify effective learning opportunities
- Excellent ability to identify issues and concerns that impact the team’s effectiveness and take action
- Excellent ability to act on information that helps the team deliver at the highest level of service
- Very strong ability to motivate employees to adapt to and embrace change
- Excellent ability to delegate and empower the team to do the right level of work
CCTS will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please make the request as soon as possible. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity. Information received in relation to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com. Only candidates who will be selected for testing and an interview will be contacted.