Customer Service Representative
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $40,000 per year
The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS) is a customer-oriented organization located in downtown Ottawa. The organization’s mandate is to review and resolve consumer and small business telecom and TV complaints after interaction between the complainant and the service provider has failed to produce a satisfactory outcome.
Do you love speaking to people on the phone, providing information and addressing inquiries in a professional matter? If this describes you, we have an exciting opportunity for you here at the CCTS. We are currently looking for motivated, high energy, customer focus representatives to join our customer service team.
As a member of our team, you will be providing Canadians world-class service primarily via telephone and email. In a fast-paced and rewarding environment you will play an essential role in our complaint handling process by ensuring that our customers receive the service they deserve. The information you collect is also used to drive positive change within the telecommunication and television industry.
What you do
- Answer live calls and provide customers with required information
- Respond to written communications
- Review complaints to determine whether they are within the scope of the CCTS mandate
- Ensure all customer contacts are logged and tracked accurately and in accordance with the CCTS process
- You contribute to a positive work environment
What you bring
- Bilingualism – French/English oral and written is required
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience within a call center
- Good computing and keyboarding skills with the ability to maneuver in a Windows based environment
- Previous experience working in a complaint-handling environment preferred
- Previous experience in telecommunications is an asset
What you can expect
- Currently our contact center is open from Monday to Friday 9:00am to 8:00pm
- No sales or marketing
- Competitive starting wage
- Paid training and the opportunity for career development
- Paid Vacation
- Annual performance based salary increases
- Cohesive Team environment that encourages suggestions and new ideas
- Strong support system
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Regular social events
- We promote a healthy work / life balance
Work conditions: The CCTS’ hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and subject to change. Some shift work within regular hours of operation may be required. Some additional work may be required outside of normal operating hours.
The CCTS will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please make the request as soon as possible. If the accommodation is related to a medical or health condition, you may be required to provide confirmation from a medical professional that you require the accommodation. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity. Information received in relation to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who will be selected for testing and an interview will be contacted.