Communications and Stakeholder Relations Coordinator
Job Type: Permanent, full-time, with benefits
Salary: $55,000 per year
The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS) is the Canadian communications industry ombudsman, located in downtown Ottawa. The CCTS provides a free and impartial service to customers of approximately 253 Participating Service Providers (“PSPs”), represented by 371 customer-facing brands.
The CCTS’ mandate is to review and resolve consumer and small business telecommunications and television complaints after interaction between the customer and their service provider has failed to produce a satisfactory outcome.
We are seeking a Communications and Stakeholder Relations Coordinator who will be responsible for managing CCTS’ social media channels and for providing ongoing support in relation to communications related initiatives and projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage CCTS’ social media posts and interactions
- Review user generated posts on social media accounts in a timely manner and respond according to CCTS’ established guidelines. Track and report on visitor traffic.
- Create images/videos or work with external consultant to create visual content for use on social media accounts and other communication or promotional products
- Implement website updates as required
- Collect, draft and/or format content for communication avenues such as case studies, news articles, media releases and newsletters
- Distribute reports, emails, newsletters, etc. to a variety of stakeholders
- Respond to and triage various departmental requests including translation, template creation, printing services, etc.
- Coordinate meetings and various consultations
- Assist the Communications team with special projects and initiatives as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a communications role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingualism (French and English) mandatory. Strong ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing. Strong preference for excellent writing skills in both French and English
- Experience with using Hootsuite to manage social media accounts is an asset
- Experience with WordPress web content management system
- Experience with using MailChimp and SurveyMonkey is an asset
- Experience in using online tools for light graphic manipulation and developing visual content for social media a significant asset
- Strong ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. to produce communications materials
- Understanding of telecommunications or television industry is an asset.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Results Focus (Service Delivery)
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities within deadlines without sacrificing quality of work
- Strong ability to organize and plan own work
- Good ability to communicate effectively and foster relationships with other employees (at all levels of the organization)
- Very strong ability to work independently and take initiative to involve others when appropriate
Quality and Risk Orientation
- Strong ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Strong ability to work with highest degree of ethics and integrity
- Strong ability to listen effectively and act in an unbiased, diplomatic and professional manner
Problem Solving and Process Improvement
- Good ability to analyze information and draw relevant conclusions
- Good ability to clearly explain and present topics and processes
- Good ability to troubleshoot a variety of light technical issues
- Strong ability to use good judgement in decision making
- Very strong ability to handle confidential information in a tactful and discreet manner
- Good ability to solve problems independently
- Good ability to identify issues and concerns that impact the team’s effectiveness and take action
Stakeholder Relations and Customer Service Focus
- Strong ability to respond to internal customers promptly and without ambiguity
- Strong ability to communicate effectively to the public and external stakeholders
- Good ability to foster relationships with external stakeholders
The CCTS will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please make the request as soon as possible. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity. Information received in relation to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com. Only candidates who will be selected for testing and an interview will be contacted.